Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall, Autumn, Harvest - It's All Good!

Today, September 23, 2014 is the first day of autumn according to my calendar.  The weather, and more importantly, the colors of fall have been around for awhile, now I can officially enjoy them!!  I love both the cooler weather and the magnificent colors of fall, so of course, seeing beautiful fall fabric brings teddy bear clothes to "life" in my mind.  Thus, the Harvest and Fall Decor Teddy Bears collection was started.

Scarecrow Bear
Scarecrow Bear
My very first fall decor item was the Scarecrow Bear.  I tried to make him look as much as possible like a scarecrow you would see in a field.  Jeans with a rope belt, tattered straw hat, straw broom, straw bale and pumpkins,  these are all common on a scarecrow and in fall decor.  But, probably because of the teddy bear's very cute face, he doesn't actually do a good job of scaring the crows away.  See black "crow" on the straw hat!


Trick or Treat Bear
Trick or Treat Bear





Another cute fall teddy bear is the Trick or Treat Bear.  Jack-o-lantern sweater, Halloween print pants, a "Lone Ranger" style mask and a little bucket for the treats.  Centerpiece for a Halloween party,or just some cute decor (not for children under the age of 13).




Pumpkin Sweater Bear
Pumpkin Sweater Bear




If you just like the look of pumpkins, and I do, you might like the Pumpkin Sweater Bear.  The sweater with it's pumpkins on the front and the pumpkin that the bear holds is great enough for a pumpkin decor lover. But the bright orange pumpkins against the black background on the pants is absolutely eye-popping!





Harvest Angel Bear
Harvest Angel Bear
I admit it, the Harvest Angel Bear was borne from the fabric.  See the fabric, fall in love with the fabric, find a way to use it.  I love the bright oranges and reds, mixed with gold and green, some of those gorgeous fall colors that fill my senses.  She had to have a pumpkin and orange ribbon and bow, just to add more color to the ensemble.

Thanksgiving Sweater Bear
Thanksgiving Sweater Bear





The Thanksgiving Sweater Bear is on the lighter side.
The pants are more of those lovely fall colors, but the sweater depics a funny looking turkey.  I would send this as a gift to someone if you want to make them chuckle.



Thanksgiving Angel Bear
Thanksgiving Angel Bear

Last, but not least, the Thanksgiving Angel Bear.  If you wanted to send a more serious Thanksgiving greeting to someone, or use this a decor in your home, this little angel just might do the trick.  Another "love this fabric" moment came when I saw this fabric on the bolt.  I know the fabric is hard to see in this picture, so take a look at the close up I have provided on my website.  The words are a simple thanksgiving prayer surrounding drawings of harvest on the farm.





No comments: