Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bear-ly Poetic Take 2, The Lighter Side

Sometimes the quirky humor gets carried over into the poetic side of me.  Sometimes I'm vanilla, sometimes I'm chocolate, and sometimes I'm a "twist" (these are references to ice cream cones in case you did not recognize the term "twist").  Today I will share with you some of the lighter side of my poetry that accompanies, and sometimes defines, my teddy bear gifts.

Friendship Angel Bear
Friendship Angel Bear
First, Friendship Angel Bear, dressed in a gold satin dress and trimmed in gold, comes with a lighthearted, but heart felt poem that reads:

Friendships, be they young or old
Are worth more than their weight in gold.

Simple, to the point, and the point driven home with the gold dress and trim.






Sister Angel Bear
Sister Angel Bear
A similar gift is the Sister Angel Bear.  This poem reads:

A silver thread of memories shared,
Laughter and tears together.
Sisters bound by family ties,
Now best friends forever.

Again, a simple, to the point poem that defines the overall look with the silver dress and trims.




The Menopause Angel Bear is one of my quirkiest, trying to take a humorous look at the challenges of going through menopause. This is written for all of the ladies in the sisterhood.  Poem reads:

Menopause Angel Bear
Menopause Angel Bear
Oh Lord, help me through this day,
The "change" has not been kind.
I'm hot, I'm weepy, I'm up I'm down,
I think I'm losing my mind!
  
I've got my fan and tissue handy
Ready for what comes my way.
Watch over me, Lord, keep me sane
This is what I pray!



Garden Angel Bear
Garden Angel Bear
The last one for this post is Garden Angel Bear.  I admit it, I saw this fabric, loved it, and found a way to use it in a teddy bear gift.  (For a fabri-holic, the look of a fabric often trumps any other source of reasoning!)  The poem that accompanies this bear reads:

I plant the seeds, I water the rows,
But it's you, O Lord, who makes it grow.
Please send your sunshine and gift of life,
and Bless my garden day and night.

My next post might have to be on the some of the gorgeous fabrics that can drive a fabric loving person crazy!!!








No comments: