Thursday, March 20, 2008

Come join me in a game of tag!

Oh my goodness, my blog has been tagged! A blogging friend of mine is involved in a game of blog tag. I have to tell you 5 things about myself and then tag 5 friends. So here goes....

1) The name of my business is Bear Family Gifts. Do you know why?? I suppose because I sell teddy bears and it is a family friendly business with gifts for the whole family would be a good guess. But, actually, it is because I was once a member of a Bear Family! My maiden name was Bear! Can you believe it? I wanted to incorporate my maiden name into my teddy bear business and came up with Bear Family Gifts. I couldn't resist that little play on words.

2)I am a sports junkie! I can't play any sport worth a lick, but I love to watch or listen on the radio to football, basketball, and sometimes baseball. I am enjoying watching basketball almost all day long right now with the NCAA tournament. My favorite team is the KU Jayhawks. Go Hawks!!

3)At one time in my life, I left a job because they were getting a computer!! Now that was back in the "old" days, when we did our bookkeeping by hand, I was so afraid of computers that I left that job for another. A few years later, that business also incorporated a computer, but I was ready to tackle the challenge by then. And look at me now, can't stand to go a day without doing something on my computer. My kids don't believe me when I tell them how afraid I once was of a computer.

4)I enjoy writing poetry and singing in the church choir. Some of my poems are featured with my teddy bear angels, as well as I have some of my longer poems on my website, http://www.bearfamilygifts.com/poetry.html.

5)Last, and most importantly I am a Christian, a breast cancer survivor, a wife and mother of 3 teenagers. Life is full and always interesting.

Here are my friends that I am tagging:
Crystal Creates
Cinna-Minnies
Handmade Doll Clothes
Ragtree Funky Sculpture
Crafters BS

Tag - you're it!

Have fun!

No comments: