Monday, March 31, 2008

Featured Teddy Bear of the Week - Anyone a Basketball Fan??

Basketball Bear, dress a bear in your favorite team's colorsIf you are a college basketball fan, you've probably been enjoying the NCAA post season tournament these past two weekends. We watch it very closely in our house, at least some of us do. It is my favorite sporting event of all time. This year, I am fortunate to have the team that I cheer for in the Final Four. My Kansas Jayhawks made it by the skin of their teeth, but they made it!! That is a BIG deal in the world of college basektball.

So, with basketball on my mind, I thought I would feature our Basketball Bear this week. This is our latest uniform, fashioned after the actual uniform of the recipient. We have a small space to work with, but can still get quite a few details in. In this case, the stripes at the bottom of the shorts, as well as along the sides of the shirt and shorts, which doesn't show in this picture. We do the lettering on the front and back by hand and attach to the shirt. The front shows the name of the school, with the player's last name and uniform number on the back. We do what we can to make a miniature version of the actual uniform. This makes a fun gift.

Our customer who ordered this product said, "You had her (customer's daughter) email you pictures of the sport uniform, took a detailed description of the colors and design, and from that created a masterful, beautifully handcrafted bear* in the St. Brendan b-ball uniform, complete with the boy's name!!!"


If you are looking for a special, personalized gift for a basketball player, I think that person would enjoy this keepsake from their days on the basketball court.


*Please note that only the uniform is handcrafted by us, not the actual bear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very good idea to make personalized teddy bear. i will give this type of personalized gifts to my nephew. he is fan of tennis. i will make one tennis bear for him. how much it costs and from where can i get?

Debbie Garrett, Teddy Bear Clothier said...

If you are interested in ordering a teddy bear, you should visit my website, Bear Family Gifts contact me through my contact form