Monday, April 23, 2012

What's With the Poems?

If you looked at my Angel Bears, you would see that many of them come with poems. Then you might ask the question, “What’s with the poems?” I started writing poetry as a teenage girl. I don’t know why or how it started. I just filled several notebooks one summer, probably just part of “finding myself”. Some were pretty good, some were just kind of weird. I wrote poems about things I had experienced and things I knew nothing about. I wrote, and wrote, and wrote. The time spent writing poetry lessened as the years went by and I actually had a life (LOL), but it never went away totally. I have written some longer poems about my dad, life with breast cancer, the meaning of Christmas, all of which I have posted on my site under My Poetry. Read them if you’d like. When it comes to writing poems for my Angel Bears, they are short and sweet and fit on a little card that comes either attached to the bear’s paw, or fits in a small frame displayed on an easel, or I cross-stitch the poem and make a heart shaped pillow that the bear holds. It all works for me.
Mom Angel Bear
Since Mother’s Day is coming up soon, May 13th, you might be interested in an angel bear and poem that I wrote just for a mom. Mom Angel Bear is dressed in a soft, feminine print fabric full of pink roses and the poem displayed on an easel makes a beautiful ensemble. Maybe your mom would like one this year, or maybe you would like one and you can pass the word to your offspring. Last day to order to receive before Mother’s Day is April 29th.  See all suggested gifts for mom on my Mother's Day Gifts page.

No comments: