Saturday, April 28, 2018

Website Closing, But This Isn't Goodbye!

Judge Bear with wooden gavel
It has been quite a while since I posted in my blog.  I guess I haven't had much to say.  However, I do have something to say now, so here it is.  I have been online since April of 2000, I am proud to say that I have made many sales and many friends in that 18 years.  Over the years, I have often lost a supply that I frequently use, but found ways to substitute or adjust.  In January of this year, I lost the one component for which I couldn't find a comparable replacement.  I found out early in the year that I could no longer buy the 12 inch jointed teddy bears from my wholesale supplier.  I purchased all that I could from retailers, and bought out two.  That still did not give me very many.  I spent quite a bit of time searching for a replacement, but I either had to purchase a few thousand pieces at a comparable price, or pay much more per piece.  Neither of those seemed like viable options at this time in my business and season in my life.  So, I made the difficult decision to no longer offer my items in the 12 inch bears, such as the beautiful Judge Bear shown here.  Since bears such as this are the bulk of my orders from my website, it seemed the only sensible thing to do was to close my website.  That is what I have decided to do, I am closing my website as of June 1st of this year.  Before that happens, I am open for business, and in fact, am offering many of my items at greatly reduced prices.  You can see the reduced items at my Website Closing Sale page.  That could be good news for you if you want to buy a birthday gift to have on hand, or shop early for Christmas or Valentine's Day.  I am offering a variety of themes, so it would be worth taking a look.
Get Well Angel Bear

Just because I am closing my website, does not mean that I am gone from the internet or closed for business altogether.  I have had a shop on Etsy for many years, but recently decided to add more items and I will continue to do that.  I will be offering many of the same smaller bears on Etsy as I have on my website, with many new ideas to be added in the near future.  Please stop by my Etsy shop, BearFamilyGifts (sound familiar??). You will see wedding teddy bears, some get well angel bears, Valentine bears, and many others.  Just tonight, I added this second Get Well Angel Bear to my shop. 

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or requests.  If I can help you with a special gift, it will be my pleasure to do so.

No comments: