Monday, April 16, 2012

Being a Weather Watcher

Today is Monday and I am feeling very "draggy".  I think that is from my vigilant weather watching on Saturday evening.  You may have heard that the Midwest was hit hard with tornadoes and other severe storms on Saturday night.  Though I live in the Midwest, there were no such storms at my house.  However, I had family and friends who were in the projected path of the storms, so I stayed up on Saturday evening, watching the storms develop via a weather channel website.  As fascinating as it was, it was also nerve wracking, as my daughter lives in a city that was hit by a tornado.  That is the first time I've had to go through a tornado situation with a child that was not living at home.  I didn't like it much.  She did not experience the tornado, though other parts of her city did.  She was several miles away from the tornado, but she thought it was still too close and didn't care to ever be that close again.  I am in agreement with her.  I have never been through a tornado, only tornado warnings.  I have spent more than one night in the basement (with children, husband, and pets) because the siren went off and the potential for a tornado was there.  As far as I'm concerned, if there is potential for a tornado, there is a bed in the basement for me to sleep on.

Since I was feeling rather drained all day, I didn't get much done in teddy bear land.  Hopefully, after a good night's sleep, I will be able to accomplish more tomorrow.  I am working on a Nurse Bear and Cheerleader Bear, with some fun Graduation Bears to follow.  All in a good week's work in the teddy bear den.

No comments: