Monday, September 27, 2010

The Birth of A Teddy Bear Angel Gift

Kailie's Angel Teddy Bear Gift Set
Kailie's Angel Bear Gift
Several years ago, I was working with other women at my church on the organization of a craft fair. During that time, the granddaughter of one of the women was diagnosed with Leukemia. She was only about 10 years old, my daughter was about that same age, so this really struck close to home. My heart ached for the grandmother, and for the entire family. Her granddaughter’s name was Kailie, and after the craft fair was over, I wanted to send her a special gift. I also wrote a poem that I wanted her to have, so Kailie's Angel Bear was born. Since then, many people have purchased Kailie’s Angel Bear as a way to send a message of caring to someone who needed to know they were thought of and prayed for.

I love being able to dress a bear in satin and trims,combine that with a poem the Lord gave to me, and add personalization to it as well. If you’d like to see just how this bear gift comes about from the beginning of a “naked” bear, to the finished product, check out my progression page here.

No comments: