Monday, October 01, 2007

The Great Teddy Bear Challenge Continues!

Futuristic Warrior Bear

This week I challenged myself to add 4 new bears, as I wanted to get some new bears for the holidays on my website. So, 1 Halloween Bear, plus 1 Thanksgiving Bear, plus 1 Snowman Bear, plus 1 Futuristic Warrior Bear = 4 new bears. The Futuristic Warrior was a custom order for a science fiction fan, specifically a fan of a certain science fiction movie series. I thought it turned out very well. Custom orders are always challenges in their own right, but I believe we've always been able to accomodate a customer's desire. I appreciate the opportunity to take on the challenge, and enjoy the ideas presented by my customers.





Trick or Treat Bear

The Trick or Treat Bear is a remake of an older design, as the style of sweater has changed. This would make a really cute Halloween party centerpiece, especially if you are wanting to stay away from the really scary stuff. Young children would really enjoy this cute bear along with other fun items being the center of a refreshment table. Maybe the bear could even be a door prize at the end of the evening.



Thanksgiving Bear

Thanksgiving Bear would make a nice decor item, surrounded by other fall decor, like leaves, small squash and pumpkings, etc. I added some wooden blocks that spell out GIVE THANKS, to focus on the holiday. Or it could be used to send a Happy Thanksgiving greeting to someone you are missing at Thanksgiving. I'm always happy to enclose a gift card with any purchase at no extra charge. Your gift would come in a clear plastic bag, which protects it from any moisture or dirt it might encouter on the way to it's destination. I close the bag with ribbons that coordinate with the colors of the clothing, and attach the gift card to the ribbons. It makes an attractive presentation, and your personalized gift card will make it a very special gift from you.



Snowman Bear

I really enjoy looking at snowman crafts. There is something about a snowman that makes me smile. Maybe because I always think of kids going outside in the cold and the pure joy they have in making a snowman. To them, the snow and cold is something to enjoy and experience. Teddy bears evoke some of the same thoughts of childhood joys and carefree times, so why not take a teddy bear and dress it like a snowman? I really enjoyed putting this design together, it appealed to the whimsical, fun side of my personality. The Snowman Bear would make a great gift for someone who collects snowmen, or a fun piece of winter decor for your home.



Next week, I won't be adding 4 bears, but possibly 3, as I have 2 more holiday bears I want to add to the Christmas Teddy Bears, as teddy bears always make great Christmas decor or gifts. You just can't go wrong with a teddy bear gift! My Christmas cut-off for taking orders is not firm yet, but in the past has been around December 1st. That's only about 2 months away, so I encourage you to not delay in ordering your teddy bear gifts for Christmas!

See you next week!

No comments: